To create or edit a new page to your website, you have to go to the 'Edit Pages' Option in the admin section. This Option is located in the sub menu of the menu item 'Content'.
Basically the view of 'Edit Pages' is separated into two parts. On the left site you will see the site specific page tree. On the right site you see the option to create, edit or delete pages. On the top of the right site are 5 different buttons with the main functions.
- New: To create a new page
- Save: Save the opened page changes
- Delete: Delete the chosen page
- Copy: Create a copy of chosen page
- Child: Create a new page as a child of chosen page
- Preview: Create a preview of current page in a pop up window / lightbox
Options for every pageFor every page you can make a lot of settings. All options are summarized in 4 different tabs: Content, Navigation, Scheduling and Technical:
Here you can make the following site related settings:
- Pageid: The pageid is not editable. Every page gets the pageid automatically, if the first time the site saving button is pressed.
- Page Heading: The page heading is the main header for every site. It is the H1 one in HTML source code. Due to the search engine optimization rules of websites, every page should have only one H1. Please do not use an H1 one in the main content again.
- SEO Title: The SEO Title appears as a HTML title in the web page. To optimize the page for SEO it is advisable to enter the most suitable keywords for the site content, but be careful with the length of SEO Title. A little counter on the end of the field shows how many characters you can enter.
- Page URL: It is possible to define a shown page URL for the site.
- BBCode Or WYSIWYG Editor:There are two different Editors available to support the creating content function visual. To see the chosen editor you have to press the button. The editor loads in a pop-up window.
- Body Content: Here is the place to enter all content for the site.
- Language: Define the language in multi language Websites
- Meta Description: Here you should enter a short content summary of the website. This text is shown in the HTML Head Meta Description and sometimes google use this as a snippet in the search engine results.
- Meta Keywords: These Keywords are important for search engine optimization. Please enter the keyworda suitable to your content and separate them with a comma.
In this screen you can make some navigation related settings. It is possible to activate a few check box items, which include the page in the main navigation, second navigation, breadcrumbs, footer or XML Sitemap.
Further more the following settings are possible:
- Parent Page: Choose the parent of the page you are currently working on. Leave the page blank if the item hasn't got a parent and is part of the main navigation.
- Order: With editing these number you can set the order of all pages in the same level.
- Menu Title: The menu title is the name of the menu item. If you don't define a menu item, the site title appears as a name of menu item.
- Button Rollover: This text appears if the mouse cursor is located over the menu item. The text will be shown as a tool tip.
This screen enables the possibility to set a 'Go Live Date' and an 'Expiry Date'. Calendar icons make it easier to choose a date in the right format.
If you use for your page any plugin, you have to set the path to the plugin php file here.
Example: For using the Jojo Contact Plugin you have to enter the jojo_contact.php